On both sides of the spine there are 2 large and 3 small pockets on the top for inserts, all with felt inserts. Of course, a different type of insert can be chosen as required. Because the pad has 8 insert compartments, this to improve the position of the saddle or for additional pressure distribution. Where the rider’s leg rubs while riding, a nylon reinforcement is provided to prevent wear.
High-quality Merino wool is technically probably still one of the most advanced materials in the world. Because the complete fur lambskin is used instead of shaved and woven wool, the benefits of this natural material are optimally exploited. That is why we recommend that you use it directly on the horse’s back.
All EDIX® Merino pads are fitted with a new design free spinal canal of short shaved fur, developed in a way to reduce pressure points and to provide optimal protection for your horse’s spine. Furthermore, the Merino fur skin has a large surface so that the panels of the saddle rest completely on it. As a result, the natural fibers effectively distribute the perspiration to the outside, while at the same time pressure is distributed and shocks are absorbed.
- Quilted double stitched step fabric
- Anatomical shape
- The abrasive part is reinforced with nylon
- 8 separate loading compartments that can be closed with Velcro
- Supplied as standard with felt inserts
- Merino® fur sheet 30 mm fur bottom
- Freespine due to shaved fur in the spine
- Cutback in fabric for wither freedom
- Velcro straps for attachment to the saddle
- Machine washable
On both sides of the spine there are 2 large and 3 small pockets on the top for inserts. Your pad includes 2 felt inserts for each of the top pockets, there are additional inserts available for separate purchase on the website.
Available in assorted colours, sizes S, M and L.
- Small recommended for treeless saddles under 16″ or treed saddles under 18″
- Medium recommended for treeless saddles 16.5″- 18″ or treed saddles over 18″
- Large recommended for treeless saddles 18″- 19″