There are two GP saddles available to trial, the Vika 15″ (synthetic) and Courville 17″ (leather). These saddles are based on the same design of saddle, only slight construction difference is the interchangeable cantle (high & low) available on the Courville. The Vika has a fixed high cantle. Both saddles can be dressed with English or Western accessories (as they can also be purchased with either).
Booking a trial is the easiest and safest way to make sure the saddle you are wanting to order suits you. Photos cannot compare to an in-person experience and we are on hand to help you every step of the way.
We recommend you first book an online consultation so we can support you to find the best saddle to trial for you and your horse(s). This service includes a saddle fitting guide, 2 measuring guides, full fitting support plus consultations before and during your trial to ensure you get the most from the experience. Book your treeless saddle consultation at www.treeless-saddles.com
- Full 14 days to trial an EDIX Treeless GP saddle.
- Includes hire of the related fit kits including inserts, 8-pocket pad, girth/cinch, breastplate, leathers, stirrups and any other required accessories.
- Postage with tracking and insurance to you (you are responsible for return postage costs).
How Much is the Trial?
The trial cost is €30 admin fee* plus carriage✝ & insurance. We request the security deposit for the trial should the pad be damaged, lost or stolen. Full terms are covered in our trial agreement, which must be agreed to book the trial.
*Where you have selected a professional fitting service, no admin fee is charged as this is covered in the fitting.
✝Presently we use AnPost and DPD services if you wish to check their current prices yourself. Postage costs are deducted from the deposit once the pad is returned and checked over.
How Trials Work
- Reserve your saddle for trial by selecting from the options above, we will post out within 3-5 working days where available.
- Receive the saddle to try for 14 days, your trial starts from the day you sign for receipt of the saddle.
- Enjoy a full virtual fitting experience provided you have booked a consultation (a printed guide accompanies all saddles).
- Return the saddle with the shipping labels you receive via email.
Once we receive the saddle we will offer to return the deposit minus the carriage and any damages/cleaning (if any!) If you wish to order a new saddle, just pay the difference and enjoy free shipping of your new saddle within the UK & most of Europe. We can also help you with custom orders and put together a unique package deal for you, depending on your requirements.
Terms of Hire
Please read carefully prior to booking the trial – these are the terms & conditions agreed on the options above.
- I understand the saddle trial is 14 days from the date the saddle arrives with me, the customer (postage is tracked) to the date I post the saddle (please retain the proof of postage and notify us that the saddle has been returned).
- I understand that the deposit will be refunded minus any deductions from outbound shipping, late fees and damage.
- I understand that the deposit will be returned in the same method as the payment was made e.g. PayPal/Card.
- I understand I am responsible for all shipping costs.
- For saddle (max weight 20kg) shipping is capped at €30 (Ireland ) €45 (UK/Europe)
- Late fees are charged at €30/week (lateness due to shipping is not the fault of the customer- we go from the date of postage)
- Damage is based on assessment e.g. a broken billet- cost to replace, cleaning is only charged if the saddle comes back covered in mud for example. We clean saddles as standard between customer use.
- Outbound shipping to the customer is deducted from the deposit, the customer is responsible for payment of return shipping at their expense (return is made within your own country – we have shops in both the UK & Ireland).
- I understand I am required to make sure that the package is both tracked and insured for the min value of the deposit upon return, any losses or fees incurred I will be fully responsible for and can be deducted from the deposit.
- I agree that when not using the saddle, I will keep it safely in the supplied cover where included and will store the saddle correctly in a warm, dry and secure environment.
- I agree that if the saddle is stolen, lost or damaged beyond repair, the deposit is not refundable.
- I agree not to share the saddle with any other person – saddles are only intended to be used by the recipient with the horse(s) names in the consultation documentation.
- I understand that this service offers no guarantee of success, nor human or horse safety, to those who choose to utilize any of the saddle/fitting services, methods, practices, etc. offered for sale or suggested as resources.
- I agree that handling and riding horses are High-Risk Activities that hold potential danger: all horses may react unpredictably on occasions no matter how carefully handled, trained or managed
- I understand that I use this service at my own discretion and risk and assume full legal responsibility for myself, my horses, and anyone/anything in the vicinity.
- I understand and have read the above statement and will not hold Holistic Horse Company or any of its associates, responsible in any way for any loss, damage, injury, etc. irrespective of circumstance, fault, cause or location.
- The one-time processing fee to hire any pad or saddle from Holistic Horse Shop is €30, this is retained from the deposit.
- For clients who have opted for a virtual fitting, there is no hire fee charge as this is included in the consultation process.
- A deposit is required for all clients.